Manuel Acosta, Economic Development Manager
Community Development Staff Directory
6550 Miles Avenue
Huntington Park, CA 90255
c/o Community Development, Room 145
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Planning Counter Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Responsibilities and Divisions
The Community Development Department consists of the following divisions:
- Housing and Community Development – responsible for implementing and overseeing a variety of Community Development programs. Also responsible for administering and implementing the City's Housing and Economic Development Programs.
- Planning & Zoning – responsible for implementing the provisions contained within the City's General Plan and Zoning Code.
Annual Action Plan
The Community Development Department administers the following commissions:
Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Program
- List of units cleared of lead-based paint
- LHCP Trifold
- Lead-Based Paint Informational Flyer (English)
- Lead-Based Paint Informational Flyer (Spanish)
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Healthy Homes
Redevelopment Agency/Successor Agency
IMPORTANT NEWSAs a result of the California Supreme Court's decision regarding Assembly Bill 1x 26, effective February 1, 2012, the Huntington Park Redevelopment Program will cease to exist.
The Successor Agency is responsible for the winding down of the redevelopment affairs of the former Community Development Commission.
- ROPS I January - June 2012
- ROPS II July - December 2012
- ROPS III January - June 2013
- ROPS 13-14A July - December 2013
- ROPS 13-14B January - June 2014
- ROPS 14-15A July - December 2014
- ROPS 14-15B January - June 2015
- ROPS 15-16A July - December 2015
- ROPS 15-16B January - June 2016
- Due Diligence Review for All Other Funds
- Due Diligence Review for Low-Moderate Income Housing Funds
- Finding of Completion -DDRs
- LRPMP approved by the Oversight Board on 6/12/13
- DOF-Approval of LRPMP