Industrial Activities

Industrial General Permit

Most industrial and manufacturing facilities (businesses) are subject to the State Industrial General Permit (IGP) NPDES requirements. LINK The MS4 Permit requires the City of Huntington Park to semi-annually identify and inspect IGP facilities, for which an approved fee will be directly invoiced by the City.

Do I Need Permit Coverage?

Based on Standard Industrial Classification (SIC), your business may require State Industrial General Permit (IGP) coverage. 

Finding your facility or business SIC code 

Federal SIC Codes Requiring State IGP Coverage

Additional IGP Coverage Information

Applying for the IGP: Stormwater Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (SMARTS)

Types of IGP Coverage: Notice of Intent (NOI), Notice of Non-Applicability (NONA), Notice of Termination (NOT), and No Exposure Certification (NEC)

Businesses or facilities, located within the City of Huntington Park and requiring IGP coverage, normally file for a Notice of Intent (NOI) or No Exposure Certification (NEC) if all work occurs indoors:

  • Facilities with stormwater discharges exposed to industrial activities must file a NOI and meet IGP requirements.
  • Facility having an applicable SIC, but conducting activities indoors may apply and be verified as qualifying for an NEC.
  • Facilities with no discharges during the maximum historical rainfall event may have a California licensed professional engineer prepare and submit a No Discharge Technical Report to qualify for a Notice of Non-Applicability (NONA).
  • Once IGP coverage is granted, a Notice of Termination (NOT) must be filed to release the business from coverage.